Many of the current global consumer trends are having a big impact on today’s meat industry:
- The demand for protein has never been greater.
- Snacking – especially meat snacks as convenient sources of protein – is on the rise.
- More consumers are cooking meals at home and turn to packaged meats for help.
- Consumers are reading the package label and want to feed their family the best. They seek out cleaner label meat products that are free from hormones, antibiotics, artificial preservatives and stabilizers.
- Consumers are very interested in more nature-based or recognizable ingredients.
There has been growing interest over the years to help meat producers find a cleaner label alternative to the stabilizers and phosphates traditionally used for meat and poultry applications. However, stabilizers serve several purposes. They help to increase water-holding capacity that leads to higher yield and stabilize emulsions, improve texture, and enhance other sensory properties such as tenderness and juiciness. Because of their functionality, it has been hard to find an alternative, let alone a cleaner label alternative – until now…
A Nature-Powered Solution
NUTRAVA® Citrus Fiber is nature-based and upcycled from citrus peels, an abundant byproduct of the juice industry. A fiber ingredient, it is also a unique solution for solving a number of key challenges for meat producers:
- Strengthens brand positioning as clean label-friendly and provides differentiation
- Aligns with consumer needs for more recognizable ingredients
- Can be listed as citrus fiber on the label*
- Supports dietary fiber intake
- Maintains juiciness and tenderness
- Texture, color and taste of meat products remain optimal
- Increases cooked yield
- Reduces purge
- Compatible with standard manufacturing processes, including injection
Want more details about how NUTRAVA® Citrus Fiber performs in meat applications? Find out if NUTRAVA® Citrus Fiber or another great solution from our nature-based portfolio is right for you. Contact us today!
*National labeling requirements should be considered in the country of use.