CP Kelco has joined other companies and organizations in communicating how our sustainability commitment supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs). CP Kelco’s Triple Bottom Line approach is aligned to four UNSDGs and positively impacts many others.
Sharing how our strategy supports these global priorities helps establish a common language we can use with our customers about how our efforts impact some of the world’s greatest challenges.
This is part of an effort across the J.M. Huber Corporation, CP Kelco’s parent company, to reflect how our sustainability strategy supports and aligns with the UNSDGs.
CP Kelco’s Alignment with UNSDGs:
- Reduce water use intensity by a minimum of 10% by 2022
- Increase alternative energy to >30% of our energy use portfolio by 2022
- Reduce energy use intensity by a minimum of 10% by 2022
- Sustain a top decile ranking for safety culture
- Attain a goal of Zero High Energy Occupational and Process Safety Incidents
- Achieve 90% landfill diversion rate at 90% of plant sites by 2022
CP Kelco positively impacts six additional UNSDGs with its business practices, these include:
- Goal 3 (Good Health and Well-Being)
- Goal 5 (Gender Equality)
- Goal 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure)
- Goal 10 (Reduced Inequalities)
- Goal 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities)
- Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)